This hosting has been tested and are guaranteed to work with all Ktools.net products.
|Bluehost.com||Our recommened host when using Ktools.net products. Guaranteed to work with PhotoStore.|
Hosting Suggested By Our Customers
Our customers have reported that these hosts meet the requirements and that they have had no problems with them. These hosts are not guaranteed by Ktools.
|Bluehost.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|webhostingpad.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|GigaPros.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|interactiveonline.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|mediatemple.net||No troubles reported by customers|
|Aperture Host||No troubles reported by customers|
|leapfroghosting.co.uk||No troubles reported by customers|
|HostUpon.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|eukhost.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|thexyzserver.com||No troubles reported by customers|
|ixwebhosting.com||No troubles reported by customers|
Not Recommended Hosting
These hosts have been reported by our customers to have a conflict with our software and therefore you may expect to have issues if you should decide to use them for hosting. These hosts may not meet the requirements for our software or have other restrictions in place that limit the features of PhotoStore and our other software.
|GoDaddy.com||Customers have reported various problems along with frequent server updates that break PHP scripts.|
|hostgator.com||Customers have reported that they no longer allow photo websites.|
|PacificHost||Customers have reported that severe limits are now being put in place.|
|StartLogic.com, iPower.com, iPage.com||Customers have reported problems and very slow servers. Many problems have been encountered when installing PhotoStore and PhotoHost and StartLogic is strongly NOT recommended for our products at this time.|
|Easyspace.com||Customers have reported a session issue that may be able to be resolved with some additional code in the .htaccess file.|
|aruba.it||Customers have reported that they will not support ioncube which is required by PhotoStore.|
|Network Solutions||Customers have reported problems using PhotoStore/PhotoHost with Network Solutions hosting. They may be missing certain modules required by PhotoStore/PhotoHost. We have added them to the not recommended list until these issues can be resolved.|
|Fatcow.com||Customers have reported various problems.|
|One.com||Customers have reported various problems along with no ioncube support.|
|Powweb.com||Customers have reported various problems included getting kicked off of their hosting once they reach 9000+ photos.|
- When choosing hosting for your new Ktools.net software please first make sure it meets the minimum requirements of the software that you are purchasing.
- Even though some hosting companies say that they meet the minimum requirements for the software they may still limit your hosting in other ways. We have no control over any limitations they may place on your hosting.
- Free hosting is typically not a good fit for PhotoStore. Most times there will be severe limitations in place that could affect the speed or functionality of PhotoStore.
- Unlimited hosting is really never "unlimited". Any hosting company promising you unlimited space or even huge amounts of disk space has a catch in their terms of service. Your best bet is to read the terms of service before signing up.
- Make sure the company has been in the business for a while. Usually 5 years or more in the hosting business is a good sign. The longer they have been hosting the better the chances are that they are going to provide a reliable service.
- When possible choose Unix or Linux hosting over Windows. Although Windows hosting will work we prefer Linux/Unix. In most cases it is easier to install PHP scripts on Linux/Unix hosting and many times you have more control over the server settings. You do not need to know how to use a Linux/Unix operating system when using Linux/Unix hosting.
- Dedicated Hosting & Servers. Dedicated hosting is a great way to go but only if you know how to administer the server. If you are unfamiliar with running your own server stay away from dedicated hosting unless the company you are renting from will manage it for you. The same goes for setting up your own server.