IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Host: Godaddy
Recommend?
Does this host work with Photostore/Photohost?
Works fully. [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Works, but not if site is busy. [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Somewhat works. [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
Does not work. [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Is customer service/technical support responsive?
Absolutely. [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
It's good, but could be better. [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
I've seen better. [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Terrible. [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Overall, would you recommend this host to others?
Yes. [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
No. [ 5 ] ** [71.43%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
tim
post Aug 27 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #1

Ktools Admin - Support

Group: Site Admin
Member No.: 2,086

Please provide your input on the quality of this host. While voting and replying is open to all members, please do not vote or reply if this is not your host. If you have ever used them in the past, you may share your experiences with us.

Please keep it constructive.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom
post Sep 16 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,173

I originally set up my store with Godaddy. I have a premium hosting account that I have a few simple HTML sites running on. Installation was totally fine and I was up and running in no time. I started uploading a few JPEGs from my 8 megapixel camera. That all was fine. But as soon as I tried to upload a few shots that were stitched together (larger than 3456px x 2304px) then it broke. Thing is I didn't get an error, so I happily went on uploading a few more photos. Then when I went and looked for my images, they were not there. Turns out Godaddy didn't have enough Ram allocated to my premium account (I could not find out anywhere how much they were dedicating), so the next step up on their server was a virtual dedicated server. I was seriously contemplating that. It was $30/month. More if I would like options like a Plesk control panel, or backups. Then I looked further into it and discovered that I would be responsible for my own PHP security patches & stuff like that. I don't have time to keep up with all of that. I'd rather be playing in PhotoShop.

So I went back to KTools web site saw that the folks were running servers. I went with nbshosing.info because, well to be honest, he had the cheapest starter plan. I figured that until my site started making any money, I didn't want to commit tones of cash to hosting.

I'm sure the hosting sites that the KTools folks run are great, but I have not run into any problems (taken with a grain of salt - I have only been up and running for a few weeks). But whenever I have had a dumb question (I messed up my email control panel & forgot to CHMOD a directory) Both the NBS Hosting Guys and Ktools guys responded immediately.

Tom
www.stockriot.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
post Mar 10 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Group: Site Admin
Member No.: 23

Had reports that godaddy has a limit of the amount of files that can be put into one folder. So if you have a lot of folders you may hit that limit and will not be able to upload anything more.

+Quote Post
Oscar M
post Dec 10 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 444

QUOTE (Jeff @ Mar 10 2008, 07:59 PM) *
Had reports that godaddy has a limit of the amount of files that can be put into one folder. So if you have a lot of folders you may hit that limit and will not be able to upload anything more.

I've been told the limit is 1000 files per folder but I have several folders with more than 1000 files and all seems well at this point though GoDaddy runs a bit slow from time to time as the server load increases.

Oscar M.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:25 AM